Immigration Issues/n400 eligibility

Question
hello,
i came to US first in april 2006,but after that was continously out,bec of my college in india.but none of my trip lasted more then 1 yr outside US.can i fill the n 400 form for citizenship.i read there requirements and i meet there requirements,that i was in US for 30 mnths in my last 5yrs and none of my trips lasted more then 1yr.

Answer

The naturalization application can technically be filed: www.h1b1.com/citizenship.htm

However, it is unlikely to be approved since the USCIS will probably determine that you did not maintain your primary residence in the U.S. during the times that you were absent from the U.S. between 180 days and one year.

I recommend waiting to file the naturalization application for 4 years and 9 months from the date that you last entered the U.S. after spending 180 days or more abroad during the trip.

Ajay K. Arora