Immigration Issues/name change during I-485 process

Question
QUESTION: i am going thru process for my wife to receive green card so we filed _1-130, i-131, i-485, i-864, i-765 and i-693 and do we need to change her last name to mine during this process or should we wait until it is finished and at what cost. thanks reply please

ANSWER: Dear John:
You stated that you have already filed the respective forms, including I-485 and I-765 on behalf of your wife - you might have listed her last name as the marital last name in these forms and everything would have been fine; however, if you have not yet received fingerprints for I-485 and I-765, you may change the last name while submitting amended forms or wait for I-485 interview and you may change her last name to marital name by requesting the officer at the interview, otherwise it would be a long process once you get the Green Card and Social Security Card.

Best wishes,

QUESTION: my wife has allready had fingerprints taken and went to interview and there was no one available for translation so they told us we would have to come back again in about 6-8 weeks. so is it to late to change her last name to my last name. my wife's passport expires in july 2012. how hard will it be for her to obtain a thai passport with my last name ? thanks, reply please.

Answer
As stated earlier, you can request the interviewing officer to do the change.  Also, you may get the name change in her PP before the interview and take it to convince the officer.  For process and procedures regarding name change to married last name you must contact the Thai consulate/embassy.  I am sure it's not complicated.  

Best wishes,  

AJAY SINGH