You are here:

Immigration Issues/provide documentation


we received a notice from uscis in atlanta ga. that says we need to provide documentation and provide the 2nd part of the plane ticket (round trip)that she used to come here. but she did not use the 2nd half of the ticket so will a receipt/itinerary be ok to take with us because it shows she came here without intent to stay. she also quit her job 1 month after she arrived here so should this be sufficent evidence to show she did nit intend to stay here when she came here to visit ? also they want documentation from governments, businesses, affidavits that shows we have a bona fide marriage . says affidavits must be notarized and must contain detail how (s)he acquired this information they are attesting to. what exactly do they want here ? thanks, reply please

Dear John:
Firstly, thank you for your remarks and recommendation, it's appreciated.  Anyways, getting to your concerns - it is my advice that you seek proper professional help in your wife's case; getting info in breaks will only complicate the matter.  

As for your query, in a marriage case if one has entered the US as a visitor (B1B2 visa) one may have to prove intent to go back; herein the case, quitting the job one month after entry would, on the contrary, show intent not to return.  Itinerary, boarding-pass, and other evidence of travel would be fine but the officer may request specific document and/or information for submission and if you do not have that you should be in a position to give a cogent explanation why you do not have or cannot produce requested information.

Affidavits/letters are toward evidence to show bona fide relationship and a good faith marriage coming from witness, relatives, friends, invitees, neighbors, and/or acquainted having personal knowledge of your marriage and your intent to have a family. Looking at your query it seems to me that you do need proper professional consultation.  I would strongly advise you to show your documents to an immigration attorney in your area. However, if you wish you may send the documents to us, via fax and/or email, and we will try our best to help.
Best wishes,
Ajay Singh, Esq
845-784-1500 (Tel.) 646-807-4582 (Fax)

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.


Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.

©2017 All rights reserved.