Immigration Issues/status


I came to this country when I was 7yrs old on a permanent residency visa I-551 and was issued an alien#... The problem is I never received my actual green card do to moving when the green cards where issued our mail was currently going to a P.O box and was returned to the government agency that issued it bcuz they dnt allow green cards to be sent to P.O box's how can I fix this problem my SSI# and my alien# are still valid but I still need the actual card to present for work and other identification purposes... Thank you

Hi Kyle,

You have an easy solution to your problem.  All you have to do is file Form I-90, and you can do it online at

You must put in your A# for them to locate your file.  The filing fee is $450 I believe.

You will receive a new green card within 4 to 6 months and you can show that to your employer.

Before then, if you want proof of your green card, I can get that for you from USCIS.  I do need (1) receipt that I-90 has been filed and (2) your passport mailed to me.  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jack Sung


Can answer: Immigration and visa issues Can't answer: Everything else


Been a practicing immigration attorney for 4 years.

Taiwanese American Lawyers Association. American Immigration Lawyers Association. Los Angeles County Bar Association

Southwestern International Law Journal

J.D. from Southwestern Univ. School of Law in 2007. Licensed attorney in California

Awards and Honors
LACBA 2011 Outstanding Public Service Award

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]