Immigration Issues/UCI on IMM 1000

Question
Dear Mr. Khosla,

This is a follow-up to Oleg's question. I actually have my original Record of Landing, IMM 1000, yet there is no section that identifies a UCI or Client ID. I have a 9 digit number that alpha numeric number on the top right, which I believe is the immigration number, but I believe the UCI number is 8 digits, and just numeric. Where on the record of landing is the UCI supposed to be?

I am a Canadian Citizen now for almost 10 years, and all I need the UCI number for is to validate my IMM 1344 to finish my application to bring my wife to Canada, as I have all other forms filled and supporting documents ready.

Your help in clarifying this frustrating situation, will be a great help.

Thank You.

Answer
Dear Waqar,

Thanks for your question.

Since you are a Canadian Citizen, you simple photocopy both sides of your Canadian Citizenship Card and submit to CIC and leave that column blank or put your citizenship card number, if allows.

But in case of a permanent resident, who wish to sponsor spouse the copy of IMM1000 along with an application is sufficient. Please note that UCI IDs are started few years ago because earlier it was referred as Record of landing number or confirmation of permanent residence number, which was 9 digit numbers.

Regards
Ravi  

Ravi Khosla