Immigration Issues/CanadaTourist Visa

Question
Hello,

I am a resident of Mumbai, India and would be visiting my son, who is working in USA in May.

My brother is in Canada, and I would like to visit him in August as well from USA.

Can I apply for my Canadian Tourist visa from New york and not Mumbai, India since my trip to USA is approaching soon(mid May), and I am apprehensive that it might take some time to get my Canadian Tourist visa processed in India.

I would highly appreciate if you could let me know about the same.

Thank you.

Regards.
Krishna

Answer
Hi Krishna,

Yes, as a valid visitor to the United States, you can apply for a visitor visa to Canada at the Consulate in New York.  Try to apply at least 1 to 2 months in advance of when you wish to travel to Canada.

Sincerely,

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
www.joincanada.com

Roxanne Jessome