Immigration Issues/CanadaTourist Visa



I am a resident of Mumbai, India and would be visiting my son, who is working in USA in May.

My brother is in Canada, and I would like to visit him in August as well from USA.

Can I apply for my Canadian Tourist visa from New york and not Mumbai, India since my trip to USA is approaching soon(mid May), and I am apprehensive that it might take some time to get my Canadian Tourist visa processed in India.

I would highly appreciate if you could let me know about the same.

Thank you.


Hi Krishna,

Yes, as a valid visitor to the United States, you can apply for a visitor visa to Canada at the Consulate in New York.  Try to apply at least 1 to 2 months in advance of when you wish to travel to Canada.


Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Roxanne Jessome


I can answer questions pertaining to Canadian Immigration laws, policies and procedures as well as Canadian citizenship.


I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant specializing in the areas of family classes (spousal sponsorships, parents and grandparents), economic classes (federal skilled worker, provincial nominees, Canada experience class), and temporary entry (temporary foreign workers, visitors) and permanent residency obligations and citizenship requirements.

Immigration Consultants Regulatory Council of Canada Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants

Graduate of the University of British Columbia, Certificate in Immigration Laws, Policies and Procedures.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]