You are here:

Immigration Issues/change work permit to green card


my friend he is citizen of usa.and his girlfriend she as a business  visa for last 7 year and her visa gonna expire in this if my friend he gonna marry to his girlfriend in future she get the greencard or not cause she is from mexico and tht guy he is from please give me some suggestion if they gonna marry thts work for her to stay in usa.

I don't understand what you mean by "Marriage that works for stay in US." If you are asking about GC through the marriage case, yes - if your friend and his girlfriend are planning to get married and have a family.  They will have to prove [by way of testimony and documentary evidence] that their marriage is genuine and not fake/sham to evade immigration law.

I would suggest that your friend has proper legal consultation with an immigration lawyer in his area.  

Best wishes,  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.


Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]