You are here:

Immigration Issues/Which forms to fill for visitor visa ??



I came to Canada on study permit and after graduating I got the PGWP. I have applied for PR in Canada under CEC.I received medical request for CEC and am done with it.My company has denied to give me an LMO and my work permit expires in May 2012.I want to extend my stay in Canada as I am in the last stage of receiving PR (paying right of landing fees and passport request)which I think will take few months.
I looked through the website but am not sure which of the below to select to fill the application as I want to stay in Canada on visitor visa.

After the passports are stamped I want to go back to India.My question is after getting visitor visa can I go back and forth to India till the expiry of visitor visa or I have to apply for TRV In Buffalo for re-entering Canada.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you


ANSWER: Dear Shaz,


Thanks for your inquiry.

In order to submit an application for change of conditions within Canada, you need to submit the following application kit:

In order to travel to India, you must have multiple entry visa (which you apply at Seattle).


---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: Thanks for ur response !!
Just a quick one. After getting visitor CEC file is approved and I pay the right of landing fees and they stamp my passport...can I go to India and re-enter as then I will be a PR ??

Thank you

Dear Shaz,

Please note that if you intend to travel, you must have your Permanent Resident Card because for all permanent residents of Canada seeking to re-enter Canada on a commercial carrier (airplane, boat, train or bus) need the PR Card. Usually, the PR Card follows after 4 to 6 weeks after an applicant get his or her PR within Canada.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ravi Khosla


You can ask question related to Canadian Immigration, policies and procedures.


Serving the community since last 25 years in regards to their immigration matters.

Senior Paralegal (Immigration) CVT Law Office Surrey BC


©2017 All rights reserved.