Immigration Issues/H1B 6 year stay

Question
QUESTION: My US trips  Entry date,   Exit Date,
         11/12/2004 1/6/2006

2/1/2006 2/23/2006

5/23/2006 6/4/2006

8/8/2006 5/11/2007
425 days outside US
         7/9/2008 Till date in US

my petition is upto 2/6/2013 .

All Extensions were done with same H1. Did my 6 years clock reset?

please let me know if another extension is possible or is this error from USCIS?? according to stay 6 years completes on july 8th 2012

ANSWER: Hi,

As you were continuously outside the U.S. for one year, the six year clock starts from 7/9/2008. Thus, your employer can file an H1B petition requesting extension of your status from 7/9/12 to 7/8/14.

QUESTION: as per immigration team of Company X
"Primary review of the case shows that Mr. XX maxout date is July 31, 2012.  He has been outside of the country from 5/13/2007 to 7/9/2008 (more than 365 days)however he did not enter the U.S. on a new H so, his 6 years clock will NOT restart.  Please note that if he has PERM filed/pending for more than a year or has an approved I-140 we can request for longer period else based on our calculations we can request only till 7/31/2012.

Please note that his current I-94 is valid till 2/6/2013"

I do not have PERM or I-140. so does clock reset whether its new petition or old petition extension. Also whether new H1 should be filed without CAP restrictions to get 6 years??

Thanks

Answer

From the dates provided in your original query, it appeared that an H1B petition was filed by Company A valid from 2004 to 2007 (an H1B petition is normally approved for a 3 year term at a time), and it also appeared that you then departed the U.S. for one year when Co. A's H1B approval  notice expired in 2007. Sometime in 2007 or 2008 Co. A again filed an H1B petition for you, but this time Co. A requested consular processing instead of extension of status, and then you obtained a new H1B visa stamp in order to enter the U.S. in July 2008. If the above summary is true, then you remained outside the U.S. for one year and the 6 year clock starts again from July 2008. However, the immigration team reviewing your case has the exact facts including copies of passport, H1B approval notices and even the I-129 petition filed by Co. earlier and is presumably better placed to offer an informed opinion.

Ajay K. Arora