Immigration Issues/h1b extension and change employer approved

Question
Hello! I just received the approved notice of action for change employer and extension of stay which is valid from sept 2012 to 2014. But in my i94 it is only up to september 2012 (which was from the previous visa stamp). my question is do i have to have a new I94 stamp?
Thanks so much!

Answer

As you were granted extension of status, there should be an I-94 attached to the bottom of the H1B approval notice (I-797). If so, you have been granted extension of status and there is no requirement to depart the U.S. If your I-797 does not have an I-94 attached, please check with the employer or the attorney who prepared the H1B petition if they have received an I-797 with an I-94 attached.

Ajay K. Arora