Immigration Issues/status adjustment based on I-130

Question
Hello:
I was a green card holder when we started a petition for my husband and filed I-130 and we were advise that it my take up to 2 years for him to get a green card. This week I became a US citizen, well my question is, Since I'm a citizen now do we have to do anything and that will speed up the process?

Answer

If your I-130 petition is approved, you should notify the National Visa Center (NVC) by email at NVCINQUIRY@state.gov that you wish to upgrade the I-130 petition now that you are a U.S. citizen. Include copy of I-130 approval notice and copy of your naturalization certificate.

Ajay K. Arora