Immigration Issues/USA Tourist Visa

Question
Hello Mr. Ajay K. Arora,

My 12 year old nephew recently applied for a USA tourist visa; I had sent sponsoring documents for him. His visa got rejected and the reason stated was inability to display strong ties to the home country under section 214(b).

He is planning on reapplying for his visa again. My question to you is that if his visa gets rejected a second time, would this be a potential black flag when he decides to apply for his F1B visa some day?

Thanks,
Akash

Answer

If your nephew applies for a student visa in the future, an earlier denial of B2 tourist visa application can influence later application for F1 student visa by a U.S. Consulate since F visa status similarly does not allow for intention to immigrate to the U.S.

However, the passage of time will soften any negative impact of earlier tourist visa denials.

Ajay K. Arora