Immigration Issues/H1 visa
I am currently working with employer A on OPT (which is getting expired on Dec 2012). They already applied for LCA and if they get approval this week then they will file H1 application this week (premium processing).
I also have an interview with company B this Friday (this is the final interview). If after interview they will decide to hire me they will give me 2 week period to let my current employer give a notice.
• So is it possible for me to join employer B when H1 application with my current employer is still pending?
• What is the case if previous H1 application still in process, does employer B has to file new Lca and H1 application or is consider to be a case of H1 transfer?
• If I will get H1 approval before Employer B wants to apply for H1 then for employer B, is it the case for new H1 or H1 transfer?
• Is it possible to change employer even though the application from previous employer is still pending?
• Is it possible to change employer before H1 actually
being effective (Oct 1) whereas already have H1 approval in hand?
• For H1, to change employer before Oct 1, do I need to inform my current employer about the new H1 application submitted by future employer?
Can you please advice ASAP.
1) Yes you may join employer B;
2) It will be a fresh filing with fresh LCA;
3) H1 transfer is when one is already on H1 status and working on H1 status; so, this may not be an H1 transfer but a fresh filing;
4) Not a change of employer, but fresh filing - change of employer would be when one is already on H1 status and working;
5) See, above;
6) to change employer, yes you may need to inform the current employer, because you may need letter form your employer and proof of employemnt under H1 status.