Immigration Issues/H1B marying Green Card

Question
Hello Ajay,

I am from Nepal.I have green card that I got last year.

If I marying someone with H1b and if I sponser her for green card at what stage would she be able to get work permit.

Thanks

Answer

You can sponsor you spouse by filing an immigrant petition in the F2A category: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

It may take 2 to 4 years for a visa to be available before your spouse can file for adjustment of status. In the interim, she should maintain her nonimmigrant visa status (such as H1B) while she remains in the U.S waiting for the priority date to be current: www.h1b1.com/visawaiting.htm