Immigration Issues/H4 Visa Stamping

Question
I got my H4 visa (valid till Dec-2012) when my husband was working for Company A.  This month my husband moved to company B. I'm planning to go to India on June end and back to US by August 15th. Pls advise if I need to go for Visa stamping ?

Kanthi

Answer

I am assuming that you have an  H4 visa stamp in your passport valid until Dec. 2012. In other words, when you enter the U.S. in August you will be entering on an unexpired H4 visa stamp.

The I-94 issued to you at the port of entry in August will be valid only until Dec. 2012. Between your entry in August and Dec., you should file an application to extend your H4 status until the expiration date of your husband's H1B approval through Co. B. Additional information is here: www.h1b1.com/family.htm

Ajay K. Arora