You are here:

Immigration Issues/Can my husband come in Canada with me?


Is it possible for my husband to come here in Canada even though I'm here too? I'm a Temporary foreign worker here and a non-skilled worker. My employer wanted to hire him, But a lot of person keep telling me that my husband will get denied by the immigration. We are from the Philippines.

Hi Anne,

Thank you for your question.  Does your employer have an LMO and does your husband have experience in the job he would perform?  There are many factors that Visa Officers consider when assessing an application for a work permit.  One of them is "ties to current country of residence".  If your husband cannot show ties to his country of residence and believes that he will not leave Canada at the end of his permit, he will be refused.  This is the same for any applicant.  In your situation, since you are in Canada as well, it might be difficult for him.  But I cannot say with any surety that he will be denied or approved based on the information you have given.  If he owns assets like a home or business in his country of residence I would submit proof of that with the work permit application.  Also, if you have children that will remain in the country of residence then advise of this as well.  But you won't know for sure until you try.  One thing that I do NOT advise is for him to lie anywhere on the application.  That is misrepresentation and the consequences are very serious.  Best of luck.

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Roxanne Jessome


I can answer questions pertaining to Canadian Immigration laws, policies and procedures as well as Canadian citizenship.


I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant specializing in the areas of family classes (spousal sponsorships, parents and grandparents), economic classes (federal skilled worker, provincial nominees, Canada experience class), and temporary entry (temporary foreign workers, visitors) and permanent residency obligations and citizenship requirements.

Immigration Consultants Regulatory Council of Canada Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants

Graduate of the University of British Columbia, Certificate in Immigration Laws, Policies and Procedures.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]