Immigration Issues/L1B to H1B

1) Currently I work for Company A on L1B Blanket VISA status here in the USA, which is valid until Jun 9th 2012. The VISA status and I-94 is valid until 9th June 2012

2) Company B, applied for an H1B with COS in premium processing, which is now approved by USCIS. Validity starts from Oct 1st 2012 and ends on Jul 18th 2015.

3) Now, if Company A files for my L1B extension for the period of Jun 10th 2012 to Sep 30th 2012, and if the L1B extension (filed by company A) gets approved before or after Oct 1st 2012, will this anyway affect my approved H1B with COS petition (filed by company B), which is effective from Oct 1st 2012? Can I work with H1B employer without leaving USA?

4) After the L1B gets approved before or After Oct 1st 2012, can I get my H1B VISA stamping by travelling back to india?

You would need to be in status to start working on H1B in the US.

Filing of L1B extension would not impact or affect H1B.  If the L1B extension is not approved or processed before 10/01/2012 you may start working on H1B and seek withdrawal of H1B; however, if it gets approved or is processed before 10/01/2012 - you may still start working on H1B and convert your status from L1B to H1B.

Yes, you can get H1B stamp by travelling back to India.

Best wishes,  

Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.

Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.