Immigration Issues/processing of part 2

QUESTION: Dear Roxanne,

I am sponsoring my husband and  I have sent the application package since February 29th 2012. But i did not send it from inside Canada, will this delay the processing time?
I have been checking the status of my application online but there is no information  whatsoever that they have received our started my application. Is there any reasons for this?
The processing times keep changing, how do I know the number of days to process my application when I don't know when they have started it?
And my last question is if the response to part one is usually sent by mail or email, I have provided both.

Thank you for your time.

ANSWER: Dear Al Kahlee,

Thank you for your question.  Sending the application from outside of Canada does not affect processing times.  They are processed on a first come first serve basis.  There will be NO confirmation sent until they have actually started processing the application which, according to current processing times posted on the CIC website are at 90 days.  This is the only information available for you to judge when they will get to your application.  See here:

CPC Mississauga will normally send an email to you advising of the decision regarding the sponsorship of your application.  Sometimes they will also send a copy of this letter by mail as well.

I hope this helps.

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

QUESTION: I am sponsoring my husband and  I have sent the application package since February 29th 2012.
in cic. web site 'Step 1 Assessment of Sponsor it's say working on applications received on February 7, 2012 90 days', according to my observation the above date will change in one or two week when they update the page, dose this mean that they are finished from this batch of spouse application and start a new batch of application in different date and days?
dose 90 days mean the application stays in the office 90 days until the cic officer start to Process the application package or will it take an additional 90 days from that day that is shown in the process time on their web site?

Thank you for your time.

ANSWER: Dear Al Kahlee,

The 90 days posted on the CIC website means that it is taking an average of 90 days from the date they receive an application to sponsor a spouse or CL partner until a decision is made and processing of this part is complete.  They typically update the site once a week and it can be any day. They process applications on a first come/first serve basis and the number of days it takes to complete processing fluctuates up and down. 90 days is the longest I have ever seen for processing of this portion and it may be due to recent computer system changes and changes to the legislation.  But NO, it will not take an additional 90 days from the date shown.

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC

QUESTION: Dear Roxanne ..
hi,i received on June 14, 2012 from cic message says'the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further question is from where should i consider the  Processing times for sponsorship of spouses, applications processed by visa offices outside Canada (Cairo)because i've to date the first one is 29-2-2012 and this the received date of my application package in Mississauga  the second one is 14-6-2012 this which i received the above message? the second question is as i check my status online in portion of Permanent Residence Application Status its says  Medical results have been received, dose this sentence mean the decision is made ? and how long it will take from this stage ?

Dear Al Kahlee,

You do not count the time spent in Mississauga towards the processing time of the permanent residence application.  You start the processing time count from when Cairo begins processing the permanent residence application.  Your spouse will probably receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt notice and be issued a file number.  This will give the date when processing has begun.  And no, seeing the medical results have been received does not mean that a FINAL decision has been made.  I cannot tell you how long it will take from this date.  It depends on how well your applicaton was prepared and what the recommendation will be once it has been reviewed.  Your spouse may be called for an interview if, after review, there are any questions about the genuine nature of your relationship.  If that is the case, there will be no decision until the interview has been done.  If, after review or interview, the visa officer believes your relationship to be genuine and not entered into to gain immigration status in Canada, security checks will be completed.  If there are no problems with those then a final decision will be made.

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC

Roxanne Jessome

I can answer questions pertaining to Canadian Immigration laws, policies and procedures as well as Canadian citizenship.

I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant specializing in the areas of family classes (spousal sponsorships, parents and grandparents), economic classes (federal skilled worker, provincial nominees, Canada experience class), and temporary entry (temporary foreign workers, visitors) and permanent residency obligations and citizenship requirements.

Immigration Consultants Regulatory Council of Canada Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants

Graduate of the University of British Columbia, Certificate in Immigration Laws, Policies and Procedures.