You are here:

Immigration Issues/tempory work visa for grandson


We own a small trucking business and would like our grandson, who will be 18 next year, to work for us in the oil and gas drilling industry. He is a UK citizen in college in the UK, it would just be for the summer season, August - November. We aren't sure if this is possible or what visa's would be required if it is. We also have another outfit doing the same job who said they would work him for the summer. Our company Double W Trucking would sponsor him. The job would be a apprentice style of job learning a skilled profession.

Thank you
Bill and Wendy Kelly
Double W Trucking

Hi Wendy,

I don't typically deal with visas for workers under 21, but I think I can offer a couple suggestions.

First, you can look into H-2b or H-3 visa, as they are good for trainees (apprentice)

You can find information on those visa on  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jack Sung


Can answer: Immigration and visa issues Can't answer: Everything else


Been a practicing immigration attorney for 4 years.

Taiwanese American Lawyers Association. American Immigration Lawyers Association. Los Angeles County Bar Association

Southwestern International Law Journal

J.D. from Southwestern Univ. School of Law in 2007. Licensed attorney in California

Awards and Honors
LACBA 2011 Outstanding Public Service Award

©2017 All rights reserved.