Immigration Issues/tempory work visa for grandson

Question
We own a small trucking business and would like our grandson, who will be 18 next year, to work for us in the oil and gas drilling industry. He is a UK citizen in college in the UK, it would just be for the summer season, August - November. We aren't sure if this is possible or what visa's would be required if it is. We also have another outfit doing the same job who said they would work him for the summer. Our company Double W Trucking would sponsor him. The job would be a apprentice style of job learning a skilled profession.

Thank you
Bill and Wendy Kelly
Double W Trucking

Answer
Hi Wendy,

I don't typically deal with visas for workers under 21, but I think I can offer a couple suggestions.

First, you can look into H-2b or H-3 visa, as they are good for trainees (apprentice)

You can find information on those visa on www.uscis.gov.  

Jack Sung