Immigration Issues/Travel on F1/Opt while H1B Approved

Question
I wish to travel out of the US in June and get back in June on a valid F1/OPT visa with signed I 20 be the School. I have my OPT card. And my H1B is also approved with COS with an effective start date of 1st Oct 2012. I have a few questions regarding my travel:

1. Is it safe to travel without facing trouble while returning?
2.would this affect my COS
3.. While leaving the US, which I-94 should I turn in? the one with F1 stamp on it or the one which I got with my H1?
Thanks

Answer

As you have an approved H1B petition granting you change of status prior to your travel abroad, you can enter the U.S. on your unexpired F1 visa stamp as you are maintaining and have maintained F1 status in the past. You will automatically be in H1B status on Oct. 01 as long as you enter the U.S. prior to Oct. 01. When departing the U.S., turn in the I-94 that was issued to you when you last entered the U.S. (the one with the F1 stamp).

Ajay K. Arora