Immigration Issues/applications submitted before February 27, 2008.

Question
QUESTION: "Please I just want to ask a question and its related to the new rules for the applications submitted before February 27, 2008.
My application was submitted in July 2007  and I reached to the medical test stage. My question is that will my application will be part of the new rules. Will it be cancelled and removed?
Kindly may you advice."

ANSWER: Dear Raouf,
Thanks for your inquiry.

Please note that for those who have passed the selection criteria stage, CIC will continue processing their applications until they are approved for entry into Canada or not. Usually, CIC ask for a Medical exams, when they pass the selection stage.

With best wishes.
Ravi

QUESTION: Thanks Ravi.

ANSWER: Please note that under the proposed changes, CIC would close Federal Skilled Worker applicants’ files if they:

applied before February 27, 2008, and have not had a decision made by an immigration officer based on selection criteria by March 29, 2012. As you stated that you have been issued a Medical that means officer did make a decision before he/she asked you to go through Medical. On the basis the information you stated, we don't think your application will be cancelled or removed. Rest you should contact your lawyer or consultant, in case your retained one.

Further, as of July 1, 2012, CIC has temporarily stopped accepting applications for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). This temporary pause does not apply to those with a qualifying job offer or applying under the PhD stream. We will likely start accepting applications again when the revised FSWP selection criteria take effect. Proposed FSWP changes should come into force in early 2013.

With regards
Ravi

QUESTION: Actually I did medical test for the second time in march 2012 and they requested additional medical test for my self in last April and they received the medical report on the 1st of June 2012. how much it will take to know the next step? I'm checking the status of my file in CIC web page and its still "in progress" is this accurate and updated? Is there any other way to know the status of my file?

Regards;
Raouf Sherourou

Answer
Dear Raouf,

There is no system in place to get an accurate updates but CIC usually respond within 4-6 months after the Medical. Please note the most time consuming process is background checks. In case, you have a lawyer representing your case, he/she can retrieve your updates through Ottawa, which might give you an idea in terms of its status.
Regards
Ravi

Ravi Khosla