Immigration Issues/CPT/OPT while I-485 is pending

Question
Hello Ajay,
I changed my status from H-4 to F-1 a year ago. I received my EAD and Advanced parole in my I-485 process. I know that I can work with EAD but I am planning for CPT and later for OPT to be able to get all the respective benefits. I have 2 questions regarding this:
1) If I apply for CPT or OPT will this affect my green card process in anyway?
2) If I get CPT or OPT will I be able to travel outside of US since I have my advanced parole issued?

Thank you in advance

Answer

Applying for CPT or OPT will not adversely effect the I-485 process, nor will you forfeit any applicable EAD/AP benefits in the future based on pending adjustment of status (I-485) application.

You should not travel outside the U.S. until you have been issued advance parole. There should be no problem in entering the U.S. on advance parole. General information about advance parole is here: http://www.h1b1.com/parole.htm

Ajay K. Arora