Immigration Issues/Father's immigration

Hi, I am a naturalized American citizen.  My father came to visit us this year.  However, he was only granted 2 months of stay when he went through Washington Dulles.  The reason he was given is that each time he came to visit me he extended his stay.  The custom officer wrote on the back of I-94 3 NOs.
I've been planning to apply for greencard for my father this year.  Can I still do it?  Should I start the process immediately or wait for at least a month to start the process?
Thank you so much for your answer.

Hi Mags,

1. You can still petition for your father's green card.

2. You must wait for one month.  It is okay if he will be out of status because his status will revert back to legal after you submit the green card application for your father.

3. My office can assist you in preparing all of the paperwork for the green card for your father.  If you are interested in discussing the case further, please feel free to email me at

Jack Sung

Can answer: Immigration and visa issues Can't answer: Everything else

Been a practicing immigration attorney for 4 years.

Taiwanese American Lawyers Association. American Immigration Lawyers Association. Los Angeles County Bar Association

Southwestern International Law Journal

J.D. from Southwestern Univ. School of Law in 2007. Licensed attorney in California

LACBA 2011 Outstanding Public Service Award