Immigration Issues/First time H1b stamping in Canada

Question
Hello,
I came to US on J1 in 2007, spent 5 years, changed into H1b in 2010 for 1 year, renewed it in 2011 for three years until 2014. My passport has my expired J1 stamp. I have not been out of the US ever. I do not have a degree from US. I work at a University in the Chemistry field.
Is it advisable to go to Canada for H1b stamping?
Thank you.
S. Saxena

Answer
You may do so; but please be reminded that they can ask you to go back to your country of residence to get the stamp.  

However, there are attorneys who accompany their clients for such stamping.  Also, you may submit your request and information to the consulate at the port - before you leave - and the consulate will provide you with information regarding evidence required.  

Best wishes,  

AJAY SINGH