Immigration Issues/FSW Application


Hi Roxanne

I first applied as the principal in 2003  under FSW and was declined in 2007 due to lack of work experience. My husband is a Registered Nurse since 2006  and would like to apply again being the principal.

My questions are:
1. His current work experience is a company nurse. Does Canadian embassy recognize this experience even if this is not a hospital based experience?
2. He also managed the family owned Resto Bar sometime in 2002-2004 but was closed because it was burned down. Can his father (proprietor) make the Job Certificate attesting that he worked their as a Restaurant Manager?



Thank you for your question.

1.  The work experience will be recognized as long has he has performed the essential duties and most of the main duties of the occupation in accordance with the NOC for Registered Nurse as well as meets the educational requirements of this occupation.
2.  Yes and it would be a good idea to show proof of the previous existance of the business such as permits, business licenses, supplier contracts, etc.

I hope this helps.


Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Roxanne Jessome


I can answer questions pertaining to Canadian Immigration laws, policies and procedures as well as Canadian citizenship.


I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant specializing in the areas of family classes (spousal sponsorships, parents and grandparents), economic classes (federal skilled worker, provincial nominees, Canada experience class), and temporary entry (temporary foreign workers, visitors) and permanent residency obligations and citizenship requirements.

Immigration Consultants Regulatory Council of Canada Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants

Graduate of the University of British Columbia, Certificate in Immigration Laws, Policies and Procedures.

©2017 All rights reserved.