Immigration Issues/H1 visa to L1 status change

Question

I am on H4 visa in US since a month.
I came to US on long leave.
My company had filled L1 petition when I was in India. But due to emergency I dint apply for L1 B visa and I came on H4 visa to US.

Now my question is
1) Can I apply for L1 visa from US itself without going to India for L1 B stamping
2) Is it possible for me to work in my company with the L1 B petition with out the L1 visa stamping.

Waiting for your reply. Its very urgent.
Thanks in advance.

Answer

Your company can file another L1B petition for you requesting change of status from H4 to L1B. Upon approval of the petition by the USCIS, you will automatically be in L1B status. When granted change of status, you are not required to depart the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora