You are here:

Immigration Issues/immigration to canada


my name is Alaa i am eighteen years old i am Palestinian but i live in syria i mean i was born in syria and i grew up in syria but i have the Palestinian nationality and as you know things here are not as they used to so my family and i have decided to immigrate to canada but the visa office as u know is closed here and going to Jordan (Amman)to apply from there is not an option because we are from palestine and we can't get in i really appreciate your help .
best regards

ANSWER: Hi Alaa,

Thank you for your question.  However, before I can answer anything you and your family must decide what program or stream of immigration to Canada that you qualify for.  You must fit into a program before you can apply and be accepted.  My advice is to read about the various programs on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website and see where you fit.  Then come back and ask your questions about that particular program and how to meet the requirements.  The information is located at this link:

Best of luck,

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: hello again first of all i want to thank you very much for helping me out it really means alot,anyway i checked the website but the problem is that i have been checking the same website for more than 7 months and still can't find the answer to my question (my family doesn't fit in any of the categories)
i will tell you the details about them and i would really be grateful if you helped me with that too my father is an architect he has a job here in syria i dont think he can manege to get one we go to canada i have one sister she is going to graduate from the AIU(arab international university)next month and she is searching for universities outside syria to do postgraduate and then PHD in pharmacy i have two brothers the oldest one had finished studying economics (in the high institute)the other one is going to graduate from (Damascus university)studying economics too i have just finished high school and waiting for my results next moth and i would like to study IT in canada . thank you again

Hi Alaa,

Your family really needs a detailed assessment to go over every aspect of how or if you would be eligible to immigrate to Canada under any of the current programs.  There is just too much personal, detailed information required to be able to give you complete answers.  That being said and from what you wrote, your father may be eligible to apply as a Federal Skilled Worker IF the occupation of architect is still eligible when the new occupation list is announced on July 1, 2012.  Then, IF your family meets all of the requirements for this program and IF your brothers and sisters meet the requirements to be eligible to remain on his application for permanent residence to Canada, you may all be able to immigrate together.  However, as I said before, there as a LOT of detailed information that is unknown and not appropriate to send over the internet in an open forum to provide a complete assessment.

There may also be options for you or your brothers and sisters to apply to study in Canada and possibly be eligible to immigrate at a later date but that would not allow your whole family to immigrate together.

I would advise you to discuss this with your whole family and engage the services of an authorized representative (Canadian Immigration Lawyer or Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant) and get a detailed and thorough assessment of your situation and eligibility to immigrate to Canada.  That is the only way you are going to be able to truly assess whether or not immigration to Canada is a possibility for your family.

Best of luck,

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Roxanne Jessome


I can answer questions pertaining to Canadian Immigration laws, policies and procedures as well as Canadian citizenship.


I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant specializing in the areas of family classes (spousal sponsorships, parents and grandparents), economic classes (federal skilled worker, provincial nominees, Canada experience class), and temporary entry (temporary foreign workers, visitors) and permanent residency obligations and citizenship requirements.

Immigration Consultants Regulatory Council of Canada Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants

Graduate of the University of British Columbia, Certificate in Immigration Laws, Policies and Procedures.

©2017 All rights reserved.