You are here:

Immigration Issues/incorrrect spelling on PR card


My fiance, who entered Canada March 2011 as a permanent resident, was issued his PR card based on an incorrect spelling of his foreign passport.  When his foreign passport was renewed this year, his first name was spelled correctly.  Now he has a problem getting his PR card changed to the proper spelling.  (only one letter is different).   We are planning our wedding in 2 months, so are looking for the process of correcting this error in time for wedding licences and travel visas.  Help please!!

Hi Ashley,

Your fiance must apply to correct the PR document.  Please see attached link for instructions on how to do this.

Best of luck and congratulations on your upcoming marriage.


Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Roxanne Jessome


I can answer questions pertaining to Canadian Immigration laws, policies and procedures as well as Canadian citizenship.


I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant specializing in the areas of family classes (spousal sponsorships, parents and grandparents), economic classes (federal skilled worker, provincial nominees, Canada experience class), and temporary entry (temporary foreign workers, visitors) and permanent residency obligations and citizenship requirements.

Immigration Consultants Regulatory Council of Canada Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants

Graduate of the University of British Columbia, Certificate in Immigration Laws, Policies and Procedures.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]