Immigration Issues/L1-b addtional administrative processing

I attended L1-b interview yesterday. I got a white  form on which the VO marked "your appliaction needs addtional administrative processing before the final decision can be made"
she has returned my passport and kept my petition with her
what is the further step.How much time will it take further .or its a mere matter of rejection

ANSWER: Dear Anvesh:
To my understanding the officer must have given a notice/letter suggesting additional administrative review/processing - if not, then I would assume some investigation or review in the case.  

It might take more or less 90 - 120 days depending on category of review/investigation.

You may also inquire with the consulate w/in - say - 30 days via phone, in-person, or email.  

Best wishes,

QUESTION: What sort of investigation is that the do .And is it mandatory period of 90 to 120 days .IS there no probability of getting soon or like they returned my passport ,it will take more time

It would be hard for me to say anything about the nature of investigation, however if the officer gave you any letter/notice it must contain information about administrative review and/or processing.  

Usually it takes about 90 - 120 days of processing time; again, depending on the nature of investigation time period may be more or less.

I would suggest you inquire at the consulate or seek professional help to do so. Your question is case specific for it to be answered meaningfully on a forum.

Best wishes,

Note: Our main are of practice is U.S. Immigration Law with focus on Removal, Deportation, Asylum, Employment Visas, Non-immigrant Visas (H1B/L1/J1), Immigration Bond matters, Criminal Immigration and other complex Immigration matters and related Federal Court litigation.  This communication, though, does not constitute “legal advice”, nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.  

Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.

Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.