Immigration Issues/O1 visa

Question
I am expecting an offer in few day and H1b is full so I have to go for O1. I have PhD and 3 year potdoc experience. Questions regarding O1 visa
1. How many recommendation letter is sufficient for O1 visa
2. Compared to EB1-EA how easy or difficult it is to get it.
3. How much is required to prepare the application for an attorney and time to process in USCIS
4. Usually how much is attorney fee.

Answer

It is generally recommended to submit at least 3 to 5 recommendation letters. As a practical matter, O1 is easier than EB1-Extraordinary Ability since O1 is a non-immigrant visa category. There is no standard legal fee for preparing an O1 petition. You may contact our immigration law firm for a legal fee quote by sending your resume to info@h1b1.com

It typically takes 3 to 4 months for O1 petition to be approved by the USCIS. The USCIS filing fee is $325. However, there is an option to file through premium processing, for which the USCIS charges additional filing fee of $1,225 in return for making a decision within 15 days of filing. General information about the O1 category is here: http://h1b1.com/O1pet.htm

Ajay K. Arora