Immigration Issues/Overtime on CPT employement on F1

Question
Hello, I am on F1 student visa in USA and working as a summer intern. From last two weeks i am working 44 hours and it shows on my pay slip. Will i have any problem in future (OPT, H1B filling and GC). I know i made a mistake. Is that very easy to track by higher authorities? How can i deal with it if someone in school finds out

Answer
Hi Piyush,

No it is not easy to track it but USCIS may ask you to submit your paycheck stubs, which would reveal your overtime work.  However, if no paycheck stubs are requested by USCIS, it is hard to discover that you worked over the legal limit.  H-1b typically doesn't ask for OPT or CPT paycheck stubs, but for GC sometimes the officer can request it if he/she feels that you worked illegally from the documents you submitted for GC.  Some GC applications do ask if you have worked illegally.

Jack Sung