Immigration Issues/Possibility to Travel to US on L2 while H1 is already filed

I would request you to help me out with the best decision --
- I work for an indian IT service company and they have filed my H1 petition in April 2012. It has not been approved yet.
- Meanwhile my husband got his L1A stampeda nd will be trvaliing very shortly to US.
My question is, can i apply for a L2 and travel with him now inspite for my H1 petiton filed ?
If yes, what happens next ? suppose i enter US in July 2012 with L2, should i apply for a EAD for work permit? Then should i join a new employer OR wait for my H1 petition filed from india to get approved and then start working on H1 in Oct 2012 ?
How do i convert my L2 to H1 ? Or is it not required.

I appreciate your advic and help on this at the earliest.

Dear Vinni:
Choice is yours; you may enter teh US on L2 and apply for an EAD and later if you desire - you may convert to H1.  Please note that you may not have two different non-immigrant status at the same time.  

Best wishes,

Note: Our main are of practice is U.S. Immigration Law with focus on Removal, Deportation, Asylum, Employment Visas, Non-immigrant Visas (H1B/L1/J1), Immigration Bond matters, Criminal Immigration and other complex Immigration matters and related Federal Court litigation.  This communication, though, does not constitute “legal advice”, nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.  

Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.

Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.