Immigration Issues/PR for Syrians

Dear Madam;
Due to the situation in Syria, the Damascus embassy was closed and Syrian documents were transferred to Jordan.
since 2010, no CSQ holder from Syria managed to get a PR.
Many people told me that they they did stop all documents that came from Syria. and there will be no more PRs for Syrians. Is it true?

many people are stuck in this situation where they do not know what to do, this is ruining the lives of so many people being unnoticed and unaware of what is happening.

thank you in advance

Dear Tammam,

No, this is not true.  And how could anyone possible know that no CSQ holder from Syria has received PR?  The results of all applications are confidential and are only given to applicants and their authorized representatives.  What you have heard is a FALSE rumor.  Federal Skilled Worker files were transferred from Syria to Lebanon in January of 2012 by the instructions of CIC in this Operational Bulletin

Unfortunately I cannot tell you what you should do other than to wait until processing is completely.  The Operational Bulletin does say that this transfer will increase processing time and no further information has been provided since the date of this bulletin, January 31, 2012. So this is the latest information available to everyone and no further updates have been provided since then.

I realize it is very frustrating to wait and I wish there was something further I could tell you.  

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

Roxanne Jessome

I can answer questions pertaining to Canadian Immigration laws, policies and procedures as well as Canadian citizenship.

I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant specializing in the areas of family classes (spousal sponsorships, parents and grandparents), economic classes (federal skilled worker, provincial nominees, Canada experience class), and temporary entry (temporary foreign workers, visitors) and permanent residency obligations and citizenship requirements.

Immigration Consultants Regulatory Council of Canada Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants

Graduate of the University of British Columbia, Certificate in Immigration Laws, Policies and Procedures.