Immigration Issues/30/60 rule on DV case?

Question
I got approved for change of status nonimmigrant from J1 to F1 two weeks ago. In the meantime I discovered I was selected for Diversity Visa 2013. Does the 30/60 rule apply to me if I send my I-485 at the beginning of October taking into account that I already made payment for DV fee ($300) to Department of State and notify them about my wish to make Adjustment of Status. Did I do it too early? Could this affect my process?

Thank you very much!

Answer
There is no issue with 30/60 day rule here.

Be careful, you should read more about DV cases before you submit the I-485.  There is a window of time by which you have to submit, and your window might not have come yet.  I don't have sufficient information to advise you further but there is no 30/60 day rule in your case.

Jack Sung