Immigration Issues/30/60 rule on DV case?

I got approved for change of status nonimmigrant from J1 to F1 two weeks ago. In the meantime I discovered I was selected for Diversity Visa 2013. Does the 30/60 rule apply to me if I send my I-485 at the beginning of October taking into account that I already made payment for DV fee ($300) to Department of State and notify them about my wish to make Adjustment of Status. Did I do it too early? Could this affect my process?

Thank you very much!

There is no issue with 30/60 day rule here.

Be careful, you should read more about DV cases before you submit the I-485.  There is a window of time by which you have to submit, and your window might not have come yet.  I don't have sufficient information to advise you further but there is no 30/60 day rule in your case.

Jack Sung

Can answer: Immigration and visa issues Can't answer: Everything else

Been a practicing immigration attorney for 4 years.

Taiwanese American Lawyers Association. American Immigration Lawyers Association. Los Angeles County Bar Association

Southwestern International Law Journal

J.D. from Southwestern Univ. School of Law in 2007. Licensed attorney in California

LACBA 2011 Outstanding Public Service Award