Immigration Issues/I-485 AOS and college admission

Question
Dear Ajay,
My daughter is here in US since 2001 and is completing her high school in 2013 from Orlando.
She is currently on pending AOS(485 filed-her AOS is based on my employment as dependent.She has a approved Advance parole , EAD and SSN number.She recently entered US on Parole.
Recently i was checking with IVY league  university and i was informed that she will need students visa and will be considered as internal national student. Is this correct? now if that is true and she gets students visa i that case what will happen to her her AOS? I sure will appreciate you  help and answer to this query.
Thank  you in advance.
Regards
Samir Raina

Answer

Your daughter can remain legally in the U.S. when her I-485 is pending with the USCIS. She can work and travel freely with EAD and advance parole document. She an also study without needing F1 student visa status. Please notify the international student advisor at the university about your daughter's I-485 (be ready to submit the receipt notice of filing) and you can also submit copy of her EAD/AP.

Ajay K. Arora