Immigration Issues/collecting data for fiance visa

Dear Mr. Sung,

Thank you for volunteering your time and expertise on All Experts. I will be applying for a fiance visa soon and want to ensure that we've been collecting enough of the right documentation. Can you please tell me where to start? Also is there a book or books that will allow me to learn more about the process and be methodical in the process.

She is coming from the Philippines and the US Embassy Manila has a reputation for being very stern. Maybe it is just complaining of those who don't want to do the work or maybe it is valid; but I don't want to find out.

Dear Mr. Rickenboker,

I have successfully completed several K-1 fiancee visa case from the Philippines.  I can provide you guidance.  I suggest, if possible, that you hire an immigration lawyer to guide you through the process if it becomes too confusing for you.

Overview of K-1 visa:  Read this for your homework
Department of State K-1 Visa Info
USCIS information on K-1 petition (must start a K-1 petition first)

K-1 Petition I-129F

USCIS Instruction
I-129F instruction

Jack Sung

Can answer: Immigration and visa issues Can't answer: Everything else

Been a practicing immigration attorney for 4 years.

Taiwanese American Lawyers Association. American Immigration Lawyers Association. Los Angeles County Bar Association

Southwestern International Law Journal

J.D. from Southwestern Univ. School of Law in 2007. Licensed attorney in California

LACBA 2011 Outstanding Public Service Award