Immigration Issues/Conversion of L1 to J2

Good morning Sir,
My husband is currently on a L1 visa and I am on an L2 dependent Visa. I am now planning to get my J1 visa and want to get the J2 visa for my husband. I have three questions:
i)  Is it possible that I can apply for his J2 visa along with mine?
ii)  Will his L1 visa cease to exist the moment i apply for his J2, or only when he is granted his J2 visa will his L1 cease to exist. will it have any implications in terms of his work with the current company?
iii) Should I apply for the VISa from here in US or should I go back to India and do it?
Any help from you will be highly appreciated.

i) Yes,
ii) on approval of J2,
iii) Either way is fine - but to travel you need stamp on the PP.  

However, just inquisitive - why cos to J1/J2? J visa might have 2 year home residency requirement.

Best wishes,

Note: Our main are of practice is U.S. Immigration Law with focus on Removal, Deportation, Asylum, Employment Visas, Non-immigrant Visas (H1B/L1/J1), Immigration Bond matters, Criminal Immigration and other complex Immigration matters and related Federal Court litigation.  This communication, though, does not constitute “legal advice”, nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.  

Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.

Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.