Immigration Issues/COS from b2 to h4


I am currently in US for more than 3 months on b1/b2 visa. I I-94 expires on sept 28th 2012.I just got married (on july 13, 2012) to a guy who is on H1b visa. His current H1b is valid upto Oct 2012 and he just got H1b extension approved till 2015. I want to file I-539 for COS to h4. Which documents are required for filing I-539.

Documents to prove relationship, status in US and approval of H1B.  Make sure you keep copies of each document you send to USCIS.

You may need:
- Current PP with visa and I-94,
- Marriage certificate,
- Marriage photos,
- Approval notice of H1B with I-94 - if any,
- Duly completed form I-539 with proper fee.

However, please note that your query is case specific and it may not be answered meaningfully on a forum; I would advise you get proper in-person/telephone/email consultaiton with an immigration attorney or hire one on a retainer basis to avoid any complications in the future.

Best wishes,  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Questions regarding Immigration to United States, including Removal/Deportation Proceedings, Asylum; Green Card through Family (Fiance/ee Visa, Spouse, Children, Parents, Siblings); Green Card through Employment (Labor Certification - PERM, Extra Ordinary Ability - EB1, Religious/Entrepreneur - EB4/EB5); Non-Immigrant Visas - H1B, L1, F & M, J1, J1 waiver, Humanitarian relief (Cancellation of Removal, Prosecutorial Discretion, TPS, Dream Act); Hardship Waiver (I-601/212) etc., are welcome.


Dealing with clients seeking immigration help since year 2001. Main area of practice is Immigration Law.

Member - AILA. Bar Council of India.

LL.M - Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY. LL.B - Campus Law Center, University of Delhi, New Delhi.

©2017 All rights reserved.