Immigration Issues/H4 Dependent Visa procedure

Question
Hi,  I have my H1 Visa Extension stamping initiated.

1. I want to initiate H4 Dependents Visa for my daughter and husband. Can i initiate it now.
2. My husband is working in QATAR. Please let me know what all documents he needs to get from his company for the visa interview.

I am new this forum and please help me.

Answer

As your husband and daughter are not present in the U.S., there is no application to be filed with the USCIS. Your husband and daughter will apply, per their preference, directly at either the U.S. Consulate in the country where he is currently residing (Qatar), or in his home country (his country of birth). As consular procedures vary by Consulate, your husband will need to contact the Consulate and obtain list of documents to carry with him to the interview for H4 visa stamping. General information about the H4 visa category is here: www.h1b1.com/family.htm

Ajay K. Arora