Immigration Issues/immigration holds

Question
my husband of 14 years was arrested fro driving on a expired license and was givien a bond which i paid in full. he had a ice hold placed on him. he has never been arrested before , here or anywere. he is in a custody battle over his child who does have health issuesright now. we do not know what will happen now. he is still waiting on ice to come talk to him . what can we expect from here.

Answer
Dear Christina:
Sorry to hear about your husband.  Please note that, your question is too complex and case specific for it to be answered meaningfully on a forum. These questions are complex as delving into an area where the law is not very clearly defined; a detailed review of facts and case law in your case may be necessary. I highly recommend hiring an immigration attorney to provide on-going support as undoubtedly it will be needed since you are delving into a murky area of the law.

However, with limited info provided, please be informed that if your husband can evidence to be in the United States for 10 years or more prior to being in deportation/removal proceedings he may apply for relief under section 240A of INA based on hardship to United States Citizen or Green Card holder Spouse and/or children.  

You may submit the details to us for review and we will be more than happy to asist you in this regard.  
Best wishes,

AJ SINGH LAW
AJASIN@GMAIL.COM

AJAY SINGH