Immigration Issues/Lost AP - can i still travel with a copy?

Question
Hi
I just realised that i've lost my current AP documents and i need to travel to India soon. How safe is it to travel with just a copy of the AP? and also if i refile for it how long would it take to come?
thanks

Answer
Dear Harshi,
Please contact the local office to find out how long they take. Further, I have NO expertise in regards to USA immigration. Therefore, you get that information who is providing USA immigration services.
Regards
Ravi

Any adjustment of status applicant who leaves the U.S. without advance parole is automatically considered abandoning his/her application for adjustment of status. Such a person will generally not be allowed back in the U.S. The person would have to do consular processing while remaining out of the U.S.. This applies traveling to any place outside the U.S., even going to Canada (even Canadian Niagara Falls) or Mexico or places like Bahamas.

You must apply for advance parole before leaving the U.S. If you depart from the U.S. or attempt to enter the U.S. before a decision is made on the application, your application will be considered abandoned.

Ravi Khosla