Immigration Issues/Sponsoring my son

Question
QUESTION: Hello Roxanne,I would appreciate it if you could answer my questions.I want to sponsor my son. In the doc.IMM 5287 Checklist,number 13 says "If you had previous marriages, provide photocopy of your previous Divorce Certificate.1) Does it apply to my case in which I am only sponsoring my son? 2)Does my son have to provide any single certificate as he is single? Thank you very much for your time.

ANSWER: Hi Eddie,

1.  Yes, if you are divorced, provide a copy of the divorce certificate.
2.  No, your son does not need to provide a certificate stating he is single IF he has never been married.

Sincerely,

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
www.joincanada.com

QUESTION: Can I start the sponsorship process to my son despite I have only been working in Canada for a month and do not have a way to show an Option C print out nor a number of paystubs of my previous jobs in Canada? Thank you very much. You are of great help for the people with questions.

ANSWER: Hi Eddie,

Yes, you can start the sponsorship process.  There are no financial requirements for sponsoring a dependent child unless that child also has children.  In other words, there is no minimum amount of money you need to make to be a sponsor unless you are sponsoring your child AND grandchild(ren).

Sincerely,

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
www.joincanada.com

QUESTION: Do I need to translate into English all the documents we are to present to immigration Canada such as police certificate, marriage certificate etc. if they are in Spanish? If so, will immigration Canada accept the translation made by the Cuban embassy here in Canada?
Thank you very much Roxanne. You are the best and fastest lawyer here

Answer
Hi Eddie,

You need to translate all documents that are REQUIRED in the checklist if they are not in French of English.  CIC will accept certified translations.  So if your translations are done by a certified translator, they will be accepted.

Sincerely,

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
www.joincanada.com
JOIN CANADA  

Roxanne Jessome