Immigration Issues/Procedure to get refund from CIC

Question
I have got the refusal letter for work permit extension and also adviced to restore status within 90 days.I havent received my passport from Detroit (been a month now ). I am plannin to land as soon as I get the passport. In order to be safe I want to restore my status as a visitor and then complete the landing procedure.
My question is how can I claim back the restoration fees (since I will be applying for restoration after I get the passport so definitely they wldnt have started working on my application ) ??
What is the procedure ??
Also how long does it take to get money back ??

Please advice.

Answer
Hi Shaz,

You can call the CIC call centre and advise the agent that you want to withdraw the application.  They will give you instructions about what to do.  CIC will process the refund and send a cheque to your address indicated on your application.  It can take more than 2 to 3 months to get the money back.  

Sincerely,

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
www.joincanada.com

Roxanne Jessome