Immigration Issues/Query regarding Birth Certificate for Canadian Immigration

Question
Hi Roxanne,

I am applying for Canadian Immigration from Canada (CEC category).

I was born in a village in India and did not had any Birth Certificate. Recently, I got it made by municipal authority in India (in Hindi). I will be getting it translated along with an affidavit. Also, will get the certified copy.

Wanted to know if this will be sufficient. Do I need to provide any supporting document (like a letter from my side) for the reason that I did not had birth certificate earlier and only got it now?

Request your advice on this.

Thank and Regards,
Prabhat Srivastava

Answer
Dear Prabhat,

Thank you for your question.  This is a common problem for many people from India.  You can get a Certificate of No Availability prepared by the appropriate Indian civil authority and you can submit secondary evidence with that such as school records indicating date of birth.  Submit all of that with an affidavit explaining that your birth was not registered by your parents.  That should be sufficient.

Sincerely,

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
www.joincanada.com  

Roxanne Jessome