Immigration Issues/H4 processing time

Question
Hello Sir,

My husband has got an extension till 2015, Now he has applied h4 extension for me. I need to know, how much time this extention process will take? My previous visa will get expire on 30th Sept.

Answer

Since the application to change your status to H4 was filed prior to expiration of your current H4 status, you can remain legally in the U.S. even if the H4 approval notice is issued by the USCIS after Sept. 30. Allow between 2 to 4 months for approval of the H4 application after filing.

General information, although not directly applicable to your case, is here: www.h1b1.com/family.htm

Ajay K. Arora