Immigration Issues/RE TRV

Question
QUESTION: Hi Ravi

Hope you can help.  I am a South African Passport Holder, living in Ireland for the past nearly 11years.  I have a valid Residence Card. My husband is british.  He is working in Saskatoon has an approved SINP(my name as an accompaying dependant) and workpermit. I am still in Ireland and hoping to fly out to Saskatoon in September. I get told different "stories" from all over.

1. I know i need a TRV as an South African Passport Holder. I have been told that by an immigration officer via email from Saskatoon. I need to apply from the London Office. Someone else told me I can get my open workpermit, TRV at Port of Entry?..which will be Toronto.

2. Also I have been told by an immigration officer (Saskatoon) that I do not (or myself and my husband) need to prove that we will leave Canada at end of 2year workpermit as we on SINP which means we are entitled to apply for perm residency.  Embassy in Dublin said we do need to prove that we will leave at end of 2year period.

3. My husband has supporting himself and me in Ireland very comfortably on his wage. I am planning to take 3500 cad cash with me.  Is that enough?

4. I also heard that the Immigration Officers in Toronto is not "clued up" on the SINP and make it very difficult for family members travelling on their own to enter Canada. Is that true?

Kind Regards
EL

ANSWER: Dear El,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please be advised that once a principal applicant (PA) receive notice of your nomination, PA then submit the federal application along with accompanying dependent(s) to the CIC Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Syndey, Nova Scotia Canada.  CIC will then review PA's file and complete health, security and criminal background checks.  

1. We encourage applicant(s) to get their TRV from country of their origin although they are eligible to apply at the port of entry. In your case, you can get it from London UK.

2. Though it's a dual intent in your case but once you establish to visa office about the ongoing process of SINP application, you shouldn't have any problem.

3. There is NO specific amount required by immigration. You spouse job letter or Notice of Assessment should be sufficient in terms of your support.

4. Immigration officers are well aware about all the PNP programs. As long as you carry all the supporting documents, there should not be any problem. They love to re-unite families. Make sure, you have supporting documents with you in terms: Marriage/spouse nomination letter/current pay stub or job letter/acknowledgment letter from CIC - showing application is in process.

With all the best wishes.
Ravi

QUESTION: Hi Ravi,
Thank you so much for the prompt answer. I have the following supporting Documents:
My husbands SINP Official Approval with me as a accompaying dependant, Work permit, letter of employment from Company, he is in the process to get his latest paystub and email that to me. a confirmation letter of his current address from landlady, a letter from his new landlord with address confirmation. (he found a house to rent from 1st September on month to month basis)

I have a letter of invitation from my husband. A letter stating that he comfortably supporting myself in ireland and himself in canada.

I have taken out travel health insurance cover for 2month period. (It's a premium one, covers everything) Marriage Certificate, my Irish Residence Card. The letter from Irish Immigration Stating my rights as a residence.

I am not working, I finished on the 3rd August. I am sending my application via a courier to the London Office.

If there is anything else Ravi that you can think of that I missed, please let me know.

Also if you could let me know if the above documents are in order to attached to my application.

Thank You Again

Kind Regards
El

ANSWER: Dear El,

Since you are a citizen of a visa-exempt country, the visa office responsible for your country or region may have its own application form for temporary resident permits. Please check the visa office to find out about its specific application procedures.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/visit_elig

In regards to the supporting documents, it seems sufficient. Further, I like to mention that it's very unlikely that a citizen of a visa-exempt country get TRV refused at the port of entry. Therefore, I suggest you to follow the process that makes you feel more comfortable.
Regards
Ravi

P.S: Don't forget the immigration fee.

QUESTION: HI RAVI

I SEE YOU MENTIONED VISA -EXEMPT COUNTRY...I DONT THINK SOUTH AFRICA IS VISA EXEMPT...ALTHOUGH I BEEN LIVING IN IRELAND FOR OVER 10YEARS..(SEPTEMBER THIS YEAR IT WOULD BE 11YEARS) AND I HAVE GOT A GNIB RESIDENCE CARD. I AM ENTRING CANADA ON A SOUTH AFRICAN PASSPORT AS A SOUTH AFRICAN CITIZEN. SO AS FAR AS I CAN UNDERSTAND ON CIC WEBSITE I NEED TO GET TRV ...FROM LONDON OFFICE AS I AM A RESIDENT IN IRELAND.

AND ..NO..I WONT FORGET MY FEE :)

THANK YOU RAVI YOU ARE VERY GOOD.

KIND REGARDS
EL

Answer
I understand that you carry South African passport and you have to follow the TRV process.

I mentioned about visa-exempt countries as a reference. Since South Africa is not on the list, you have submit your regular application at London.

Any questions, please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards
Ravi  

Ravi Khosla