You are here:

Immigration Issues/temp visa while having a CSQ


Dear Roxanne;
 I'd like to ask about applying for a visit visa while having a CSQ and waiting for PR,
if granted, and after entering Canada, can I work and request to change status and/or request to accelerate the processing of PR and/or transfer of my dossier to a nearest embasy

best regards

Dear Tammam,

No, you cannot work on the basis of having CSQ and waiting for PR if you are able to obtain a visitor visa.  And no, CIC will not accelerate the processing of PR or transfer your file to the nearest embassy.  You would not have any basis to have your file transferred other than the embassy being closer to you.  And since you will not have admittance into Canada for at least 1 year on a visitor visa, a request for transfer would be refused.


Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Roxanne Jessome


I can answer questions pertaining to Canadian Immigration laws, policies and procedures as well as Canadian citizenship.


I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant specializing in the areas of family classes (spousal sponsorships, parents and grandparents), economic classes (federal skilled worker, provincial nominees, Canada experience class), and temporary entry (temporary foreign workers, visitors) and permanent residency obligations and citizenship requirements.

Immigration Consultants Regulatory Council of Canada Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants

Graduate of the University of British Columbia, Certificate in Immigration Laws, Policies and Procedures.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]