Immigration Issues/TRAVEL TO CANADA WITH L1 EXTENTION

Question
QUESTION: Dear Sir,

I am Indian and working in US on L1 B. In Jun i got my L1 extention, valid till May 2014. My company wants me to travel to Canada for one week for a Trade show in Vancouver. Will US immigration will allow me back to US after one week of stay in Canada or I have to travel back to India from Canada.

My HR is saying that i cannot come take a flight which is going thru US is that correct. Because i will be in transit in airport of US and will not come out of airport while traveling to India from Canada.

Waiting for you reply and suggestions,
Joseph Paul

ANSWER: Dear Joseph:
Since you are on L1B visa and need to travel to Canada for work, you may seek Canadian visa and travel without hassle and come back.  

Best wishes,

Note: Our main are of practice is U.S. Immigration Law with focus on Removal, Deportation, Asylum, Employment Visas, Non-immigrant Visas (H1B/L1/J1), Immigration Bond matters, Criminal Immigration and other complex Immigration matters and related Federal Court litigation.  This communication, though, does not constitute “legal advice”, nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.  

QUESTION: My Visa is expired in May 2012 and I got extension till may 2014. With out valid visa will US allow me back or I have to travel back to India for Visa stamping.

Thank You,
Joseph Paul

Answer
I think you can get the visa stamp in Canada (please check with the consulate with details), if not then you may have to get the stamp from your home country.  

Best wishes,

AJAY SINGH