Immigration Issues/I-94 while renewing EAD

Question
QUESTION: Is it advisable to submit I-94, While renewing EAD and AP for adjustment applicant(C)(9) category i.e. I-485 is pending.

I have to make a trip to Canada so my entry date wont match the date on i-94.

ANSWER: Hi,

Submit only a copy of the I-94 with any EAD or AP application filed with the USCIS.

QUESTION: Thanks for replying my question.I need some clarification.

page 6 of  http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-765instr.pdf gives following information

If you are filing Form I-765 under the (c)(9) category , Form I-94 is not required.

I am little confused since you and my friends suggested to submit I-94 but based on USCIS site I-94 is not required for (c)(9) category, which is also my category. Can you please clarify the rational of submitting copy of I-94 ?

Thanks,

Answer
Although I-94 is not required, we routinely submit a copy of it along with I-485 receipt notice and copy of current or previous EAD (if applicable) along with passport-style photos.

In any event, your original question appeared to be whether original I-94 is required, and that is certainly not the case.

Ajay K. Arora