Immigration Issues/Change of Status from B1 to L1A

Question
I am working as an executive in a subsidiary of US Based Company in India.
Currently I am on Business trip (B1) with my Family(wife, son, daughter ) on tourist Visa(B-2) and it has been almost two months since we entered USA.
US Company wants me to join their company in US as an Executive Here, so they want to file an L1 A Visa (Status Change From B1 to L1A), Following are my Queries.
1)   What are the Chances/Percentage of this type of Change of Status Being Approved .
2)   Since my company wants me on work ASAP in USA, Should we use premium processing? Are there any Advantage/Drawbacks of using Premium Processing?
3)   After L1 A approval, When and how soon can I apply for Green Card(EB1), What is the expected time for Green card receiving.
4)   What is the Right time to apply for the change of status.
5)   What is the fees for whole procedure?

Answer

General information about the L1A visa category is here: www.h1b1.com/L1visa.htm

The U.S. company will file the L1A petition. The probability of approval is good, as you are eligible for the L1A visa category based on working as a manager or executive at foreign branch or subsidiary of the U.S. company. It is also helpful that the U.S. company is an established company. However, even if the U.S. company was a new company, the L1A petition can be approved if the U.S. company is capable of paying your salary and employing you in a managerial or executive capacity.

The petition should be filed through premium processing if you need to work ASAP. There is no disadvantage or disadvantage with premium processing except for expedited processing of the petition (2 weeks as opposed to the typical 2 to 4 months for regular processing). Premium processing filing fee payable to Department of Homeland Security is $1,225 additional.

The EB1 petition can be filed anytime if the U.S. company has been doing business for at least one year: http://www.h1b1.com/lcmultinational.htm

If you want a quote from our law firm re. fees, please contact info@h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora